JPEG Technologies Workshop La Jolla Proceedings
La Jolla, CA, USA - April 13th, 2018
The Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) is a Working Group of ISO/IEC, the International Organisation for Standardization / International Electrotechnical Commission, (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 1) and of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T SG16), responsible for the popular JBIG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, JPSearch and more recently, the JPEG XT, JPEG XS, JPEG Systems and JPEG Pleno families of imaging standards.
At the occasion of the 79th JPEG meeting in La Jolla, California, USA, a workshop was organised on the 13th of April 2018 to inform industry and academia active in the wider field of multimedia and in particular in imaging, to find out about current standardisation activities carried out by the JPEG Committee.
Leading JPEG experts shared with attendees highlights about some of the ongoing JPEG activities that could shape the future of imaging and multimedia.
All presentation can be downloaded here.
- 4:00-4:15 Overview of JPEG activities (Touradj Ebrahimi)
- 4:15-4:30 JPEG XS (Antonin Descampe, Thomas Richter)
- 4:30-4:45 HTJ2K (Pierre-Anthony Lemieux)
- 4:45-5:15 JPEG Pleno – Light Field, Point Cloud, Holography (Ioan Tabus, Antonio Pinheiro, Peter Schelkens)
- 5:15-5:45 JPEG Systems - Privacy and Security, 360 (Siegfried Foessel, Frederik Temmermans, Andy Kuzma)
- 5:45-6:00 JPEG XL (Fernando Pereira, Jan De Cock)
JPEG Technologies Workshop Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n79058, La Jolla, CA, USA, April 13th, 2018.