1st JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings
On October 16th 2018, JPEG organized its first workshop on Media Blockchain in Vancouver. JPEG convener Touradj Ebrahimi and Frederik Temmermans presented on the background of the JPEG standardization committee and ongoing JPEG activities such as JPEG Privacy and Security. Thereafter, Eric Paquet, Victoria Lemieux and Stephen Swift shared there experiences related to blockchain technology focusing on standardization challenges and formalization, real world adoption in media use cases and the state of the art related to consensus models. The workshop closed with an interactive discussion between the speakers and the audience, moderated by JPEG Requirements Chair Fernando Pereira.
All presentation are available for download here.
- 15:00-15:05 ISO JPEG committee overview (Touradj Ebrahimi)
- 15:05-15:30 Overview of JPEG Privacy & Security and relation to Blockchain (Frederik Temmermans)
- 15:30-16:00 The multimedia blockchain: challenges and perspectives (Eric Paquet)
- 16:00-16:15 Break
- 16:15-16:45 Managing Digital Information on Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers as Evidence (Victoria Lemieux)
- 16:45-17:15 Consensus models for blockchain media transactions (Stephen Swift)
- 17:15-18:30 Panel Discussion & Closing (Moderator: Fernando Pereira), panellists:
- Eric Paquet
- Victoria Lemieux
- Stephen Swift
- Touraj Ebrahimi
- Takaaki Ishikawa
- Frederik Temmermans
1st JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n81033, Vancouver, CAN, October 16th, 2018.
To stay informed on JPEG activities, please regularly consult our website at jpeg.org and/or subscribe to our news e-mail reflector. To keep informed and get involved in the blockchain discussion, interested parties are invited to register to the ad hoc group’s mailing list.