2nd JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings
On January 22nd 2019, a 2nd workshop on media blockchain technologies was held in Lisbon, collocated with the 82nd JPEG meeting. Touradj Ebrahimi and Frederik Temmermans opened the workshop with presentations on relevant JPEG activities such as JPEG Privacy and Security. Thereafter, Zekeriya Erkin made a presentation on blockchain, distributed trust and privacy, and Carlos Serrão presented an overview of the ISO/TC 307 standardization work on blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. The workshop concluded with a panel discussion chaired by Fernando Pereira where the interoperability of blockchain and media technologies was discussed. A 3rd workshop is planned during the 83rd meeting to be held in Geneva, Switzerland on March 20th, 2019.
All the presentation that were presented during the workshop are available for download here.
- 16:00-16:20 JPEG in a Nutshell (Touradj Ebrahimi)
- 16:20-16:40 JPEG Privacy and Security Activities (Frederik Temmermans)
- 16:40-17:20 Blockchain, Distributed Trust and Privacy (Zekeriya Erkin)
- 17:20-17:50 An overview of ISO/TC 307 - Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (Carlos Serrão)
- 17:50-18:30 Panel Discussion & Closing (Moderator: Fernando Pereira), panellists:
- Touraj Ebrahimi
- Zekeriya Erkin
- Carlos Serrão
- Frederik Temmermans
2nd JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n82017, Lisbon, Portugal, January 22nd, 2019.
To stay informed on JPEG activities, please regularly consult our website at jpeg.org and/or subscribe to our news e-mail reflector. To keep informed and get involved in the blockchain discussion, interested parties are invited to register to the ad hoc group’s mailing list.