JPEG Emerging Technologies Workshop Announcement
JPEG Emerging Technologies Workshop San Jose
The Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) is a Working Group of ISO/IEC, the International Organisation for Standardization / International Electrotechnical Commission, (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 1) and of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T SG16), responsible for the popular JBIG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, JPSearch and more recently, the JPEG XT, JPEG XS, JPEG XL, JPEG Systems and JPEG Pleno families of imaging standards.
At the occasion of the 85th JPEG meeting in San Jose, California, USA, a workshop will be organised on 5 November 2019 to inform industry and academia active in the wider field of multimedia and in particular in imaging, to find out about current standardisation activities carried out by the JPEG Committee.
Leading JPEG experts will share with attendees highlights about some of the emerging JPEG technologies that could shape the future of imaging and multimedia.
Practical information and registration
- Date and time: 2pm - 5:30pm, Tuesday 5th of November 2019.
- Venue: Microsoft, Moffett Towers, 1020 Enterprise Way, Sunnyvale, 94089.
- Registration: attendance to the workshop is open and free of charge. However, due to logistics reasons registration is required via this form.
- 2:00-2:10 Welcome and Introduction (Touradj Ebrahimi)
- 2:10-2:25 JPEG XS (Antonin Descampe)
- 2:25-2:45 JPEG Pleno (Peter Schelkens)
- 2:45-3:00 JPEG XL (Jan Wassenberg and Jon Sneyers)
- 3:00-3:15 HTJ2K (Pierre-Anthony Lemieux)
- 3:15-3:45 break
- 3:45-4:15 JPEG Systems (Andy Kuzma)
- 4:15-4:00 Media Blockchain (Frederik Temmermans)
- 4:00-4:30 JPEG AI (João Ascenso)
- 4:30-5:30 Panel discussion
JPEG expresses its appreciation to Microsoft for hosting this workshop.