1st JPEG NFT Workshop Proceedings
Non-Fungible Tokens have recently been the focus of much attention. Several digital assets that NFTs point to are either in existing JPEG formats or can be represented in current and emerging formats under development by the JPEG Committee. Furthermore, several trust and security issues have been raised regarding NFTs and the digital assets they rely on. Here again, JPEG Committee has a significant track record in security and trust in imaging applications. Building on this background, the JPEG Committee has launched a new exploration initiative around NFTs to better understand the needs in terms of imaging requirements and how existing as well as potential JPEG standards can help bring security and trust to NFTs in a wide range of applications and notably those that rely on contents that are represented in JPEG formats in still and animated pictures and 3D contents. As a first step in this initiative the 1st JPEG NFT Workshop aimed to discuss challenges and current NFT related solutions, notably in the context of applications relevant to the scope of the JPEG Standardization Committee.
- 15:00-15:10 UTC - JPEG’s backround leading to new exploration on NFTs (Frederik Temmermans, imec-VUB)
- 15:10-15:30 UTC - NFT legal perspectives (Matthieu Quiniou, Legal Brain Avocats)
- 15:30-15:50 UTC - Art market & NFT (Arielle Dubois, B&B Avocats)
- 15:50-16:10 UTC - Decentralized management of digital assets: The MediaVerse approach (Domenico Rotondi, FINCONS Group)
- 16:10-17:00 UTC - Questions & Discussion (Moderator: Touradj Ebrahimi, EPFL)
The presentations presented during the workshop are available for download here.
1st JPEG NFT Workshop Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n92021, Online, July 1st, 2021.
Interested parties are invited to join the JPEG NFT mailing list and regularly consult the JPEG.org website for the latest news.