JPEG Pleno Subjective Quality Assessment Workshop Announcement
JPEG has launched a new standardization effort known as JPEG Pleno Quality Assessment. It aims at providing a quality assessment standard, defining a framework that includes subjective quality assessment protocols and objective quality assessment procedures for lossy decoded data of plenoptic modalities for multiple use cases and requirements. The first phase of this effort will address the light field modality.
To assist this effort, JPEG is organizing its 1st workshop on light field subjective quality assessment to discuss challenges and current solutions for light field subjective quality assessment, explore relevant use cases and requirements and provide a forum for researchers to discuss the latest findings in this area.
- Date: September 28, 2022
- Time: from 13:00 UTC to 15:00 UTC
- Access: Zoom
- 13:00-13:10 UTC - Welcome & Introduction (Peter Schelkens, Carla Pagliari and Saeed Mahmoudpour)
- 13:10-13:35 UTC - Professor Maria Martini, (Kingston University London, U.K.)
- 13:35-14:00 UTC - Professor Zhibo Chen, (University of Science and Technology of China, China)
- 14:00-14:25 UTC - Professor Patrick Le Callet, (Université de Nantes, Polytech Nantes, France)
- 14:25–15:00 UTC - Questions & Discussion
Interested parties are invited to join the JPEG Pleno Light Field mailing list and regularly consult the JPEG.org website for the latest news.