JPEG Pleno Light Field Industry Workshop Announcement
The Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) committee (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 1) has a long tradition in the creation of still image coding standards. JPEG performs continuous efforts to design coding standards triggered by changing market needs and technological evolutions. Currently, JPEG has several ongoing standardization activities, like JPEG Pleno, which provides a standard framework for representing new imaging modalities, such as light field, point cloud, and holographic imaging. JPEG is also preparing standardization activities – among others – in the domains of objective and subjective quality assessment for light fields, improved light field coding modes, and learning-based light field coding.
JPEG seeks continuous improvement of its use case and requirements specifications. The Light Field Industry Workshop provides a forum for industrial actors to exchange information on their needs and expectations with respect to standardization activities in this domain.
- Date: November 22, 2023
- Time: from 08:00 UTC to 10:00 UTC
- Registration and participation information (free): click here
- 08:00–08:10 UTC: - Welcome & Introduction - Carla Pagliari
- 08:10–08:35 UTC: - Tencent America Media Lab. - Arianne Hinds
- 08:35–09:00 UTC: - Leia Inc. - Nima Zeighami
- 09:00–09:25 UTC: - BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. - Qian Zhang
- 09:25–10:00 UTC: - Questions & Discussion
- Carla Pagliari (Instituto Militar de Engenharia)
- Eduardo A. Barros da Silva (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- Fernando Pereira (Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa)
- Peter Schelkens (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, imec)
- Saeed Mahmoudpour (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, imec)
- Shengyang Zhao (Ningbo Institute of Digital Twin)
Interested parties are invited to join the JPEG Pleno Light Field mailing list and regularly consult the JPEG.org website for the latest news.