Open Discussion Session on Media Blockchain Sydney Proceedings
On the 21st of January, during the 86th JPEG meeting in Sydney, the JPEG committee organised an Open Discussion Session on Media Blockchain and invited local stakeholders to take part in an interactive discussion. The discussion focused on media blockchain and related application areas including, media and document provenance, smart contracts, governance, legal understanding and privacy. The presentations and program of the workshop are available below.
The presentations and pitch slides presented during the session are available for download here.
- 14:00-14:15 Overview of JPEG Activities (Touradj Ebrahimi, EPFL)
- 14:15-14:30 Towards a Standardized Framework for Media Blockchain (Frederik Temmermans, imec-VUB)
- 14:30-14:45 JPEG Media Blockchain Use Cases and Requirements (Deepayan Bhowmik, University of Stirling)
- 14:45-17:00 Attendees pitches and open discussion
JPEG Open Discussion Session on Media Blockchain, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n86024, Sydney, Australia, January 21st, 2020.
Presentations from JPEG workshops on media blockchain are available here:
- 1st JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n81033, Vancouver, Canada, October 16th, 2018
- 2nd JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n82017, Lisbon, Portugal, January 22nd, 2019
- 3rd JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n83044, Geneva, Switzerland, March 20th, 2019
- 4th JPEG Workshop on Media Blockchain Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n84024, Brussels, Belgium, July 16th, 2019.
JPEG issued a white paper entitled “Towards a Standardized Framework for Media Blockchain” that elaborates on the initiative, exploring relevant standardization activities, industrial needs and use cases.
To keep informed and get involved in the discussion, interested parties are invited to register to the ad hoc group’s mailing list.